Sunday, March 19, 2006

Java Puzzlers

I have been working with Java since 1997 and after all that time I thought I new Java. I also managed to earn few Java certifications. So I was quite confident I could cut good code that would run as expected.

That was until I read Java Puzzlers written by Joshua Bloch and Neal Gafter. Boy, I was wrong! There were so many examples of Java code that I expected to produce different results. I strongly recommend reading this book. It will give you an insight into the core of Java classes, objects, primitive types, libraries, and more...

Contents:

  • Introduction
  • Expressive Puzzlers
  • Puzzlers with Character
  • Loopy Puzzlers
  • Exceptional Puzzlers
  • Classy Puzzlers
  • Library Puzzlers
  • Classier Puzzlers
  • More Library Puzzlers
  • Advanced Puzzlers
  • Catalog of Traps and Pitfalls
  • Notes on the Illusions
  • References
  • Index

Serious geek fun!

Moreover I recently visited Javalobby website and found an interactive Yet More Java Puzzlers talk slideshow that illustrates eight more Java puzzlers that were presented on JavaPolis 2005 conference.

If you don't have the book yet, have a look at the free Sample Chapter
or Yet More Java Puzzlers for a hint of Java flavour. It's goof fun, plus you learn something from it.

No comments:


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.