Saturday, March 18, 2006

Google Maps

These days I hardly find some one who would not know what Google Maps or Google Earth is.

I came across an article How to add a Google Map to any web page in less than 10 minutes. I thought that was pretty cool and decided to try it out. After all, it is quite cool to have my own Google Map on my blog page.

Well it took me well more than 10 minutes. Mostly due to my curiosity. I just had to try some other features that Google Maps API offers and which were not cover in the above mentioned article.

The only "real" problem I had was that I tried to set the latitude and longtitude for Australia and it just did not work. No matter waht I did the map refused to display Australia and defaulted to location (0,0). Reversing the Lat and Long coordinates did the trick.

You can see the result - a fully interactive Google map - on the left side of this page. Notice the links below the map. Click on the to see the maps of Sydney or Melbourne.

No comments:


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.