Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What The Font ?!

I am creating a website for my wife's coffee shop and I needed to find out the font type they used on the signs and the menus. I was really wondering how I could identify the font.

It turned out to be quite simple. Thanks to WhatTheFont?!

The process was following:

  1. This morning I snapped a photo of the sign,
  2. Slightly modified it in GIMP,
  3. uploaded it to WhatTheFont?!,
  4. and voilĂ , the font is Isonorm

Yeah, I know. It is not quite quite the same, the letter "r" looks a bit different, but other than that, it's a perfect match. I am quite happy with it. Much better than going through thousands of fonts manually.

No comments:


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.