Friday, September 29, 2006

How we built Flickr workshop and Web Directions North conference

I just came home after a two-day Web Directions South 2006 conference. This conference was a huge success. I will blog about it more later. What is next? Well, there is going to be a Web Directions North conference in Vancouver in 6-10 February next year. And if you look at the schedule, there is some skiing and boarding planned as well... just get your boss to pay for it :-)

This is a link to the upcoming one-day workshop presented by Cal Henderson on Building Enterprise Web Apps on a Budget - How We Built Flickr organized by webworkshops.

It is scheduled as following:
Brisbane 13 November 2006
Sydney 14 November 2006
Canberra 16 November 2006
Melbourne 17 November 2006

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jens and I saw Cal speak at FoWA and he was great!

Also, he happens to be across the room from me right now (at Yahoo! Hack Day). I'll say hi for you. : )

Unknown said...

Do you recommend going to this workshop? I hope we can convince the bosses to send more people to these things :)
Web Directions South was truly inspiring and encouraging. I only wish that more of us went there. I came home with a feeling, or urge to create something new or cool! I already have couple of things I want to pass onto people at work.


Creative Commons License This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.